We thought it would be helpful to provide an update on how being in Tier 2 affects our ability to lead walks in the City of London and the precautions we are taking as Guides on those walks.
The Department of Culture Media and Sport (DCMS) and the Tourism Alliance have confirmed that walking tours can continue with up to 30 people, as long as any group of friends or family within the tour is no larger than six, and the walk operates within Covid Secure Guidance.
Our walks are still therefore going ahead with the following measures in place
- group sizes are capped at 10 people in total, less than half the maximum permitted
- the tour must be booked in advance
- the tour guide will wear a voice amplifier in order to maintain an appropriate distance and will not have to raise their voice,
- the group will be reminded to maintain social distancing.
- We stay outside at all times
- People can wear masks if they choose to do so and we encourage them to bring their own hand-sanitiser
Six in the City